RB Leipzig vs Manchester City predictions for Wednesday’s Champions League affair in Germany. Reigning Champions League victors, Manchester City, aim to recover from back-to-back league setbacks as they journey to Germany for a group match encounter with RB Leipzig this Wednesday evening. Read on for all our free predictions and betting tips.
Match Live Wednesday, 4th October at 8:00 pm In:
RB Leipzig vs Manchester City Predictions
An Intense Duel of European Heavyweights
– Manchester City’s Erling Haaland has an impressive eight goals in just seven appearances.
– Both teams have a combined average of 5.1 goals per game in their respective leagues this season.
Manchester City, the reigning Champions League titans, head into a demanding fixture at the Red Bull Arena, facing a rampaging RB Leipzig. But with City’s recent wobbles, and Leipzig’s consistent form, this promises to be an exhilarating contest for all fans.
Cityzens’ Bumpy Road in Europe: Despite their domestic dominance, Manchester City have stumbled on European turf. With only two victories from their last ten Champions League encounters outside of the Etihad, including an unsettling record against RB Leipzig, the situation appears gloomy. Their previous ventures to Leipzig resulted in a 2-1 setback and a 1-1 stalemate.
The recent shock defeat by Wolves, compounded by their Carabao Cup exit, raises questions. The first-time back-to-back losses since January under Pep Guardiola portrays a vulnerable side. However, one can never discount a team of Manchester City’s pedigree.
18+ New customers only. Opt in, and bet £10 on football markets (odds 2.00+). No cash out. Get 6x£5 football free bets at specified odds for set markets, which expire after 7 days. Offer valid from 12:00 UK Time on 25/08/2023. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply, see below. | begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly. #Ad. 18+Only, begambleaware.org
Leipzig’s Thunderous Start: RB Leipzig have ignited the Bundesliga with a blistering start. Not only did they secure a victory over Bayern Munich in the German Super Cup, but they also held the reigning Bundesliga champions to a draw recently. Their season record stands impressive with seven victories, a draw, and a single loss from their nine showdowns.
The German outfit’s goalscoring prowess is notably intimidating. They’ve struck the back of the net in their last 16 competitive fixtures. Such a stat should strike fear into a Manchester City defence, which has secured only three clean sheets from 11 appearances this season.
RB Leipzig’s Red Hot Attack
When talking about prolific attacks in the Bundesliga, RB Leipzig firmly stands tall. They have found the net in a whopping 16 successive matches. Their attacking prowess has been significantly bolstered by the performances of some of their top players this season. Loïs Openda, with an average rating of 7.30, has been a revelation in front of goal. The forward has notched up four goals, making him the leading scorer for the side. But he isn’t the only threat that Manchester City should be wary of. Xavi Simons and Dani Olmo have been pulling the strings in midfield, registering three and two goals respectively.
Leipzig’s stats further exemplify their offensive capabilities. With an average of 2.7 goals scored per game, a vast majority of these goals (14/43) have come from inside the box, indicating their ability to carve open defences and penetrate the danger areas. Additionally, with an average of 4.7 corners per game, Leipzig demonstrates their consistent threat in the attacking third.
Manchester City’s Dominant Streak
The Cityzens, despite recent stumbles, boast an impressive ensemble of talent. Erling Haaland stands out with an astonishing eight goals in just seven appearances, backed by an expected goals (xG) score of 7.94. This indicates that not only is Haaland efficient in front of goal, but he is also consistently finding himself in goal-scoring positions. Julián Álvarez is another player that Leipzig should keep tabs on. He’s contributed three goals and three assists, proving his worth in City’s attacking ventures.
City’s impressive average ball possession of 66.4% indicates their style of play. By controlling the game and pinning their opponents, City creates numerous goal-scoring opportunities, averaging 18.1 shots per game.
Predictive Analysis and What to Expect
- Match Outcome Prediction: Both Teams to Score RB Leipzig’s impressive goal-scoring record, combined with Manchester City’s mere three clean sheets in 11 games this season, suggests that we might see goals from both ends. Leipzig have been on a scoring spree, and considering Manchester City’s occasional vulnerabilities at the back, it’s a justified prediction that both teams will find the net.
- Correct Score Prediction: 1-1 Draw Given Manchester City’s recent struggles on the road in Europe, combined with RB Leipzig’s form, a 1-1 draw seems a plausible outcome. Both teams possess the firepower to hurt each other, but they also have the tactical nous to keep each other at bay. A fourth successive 1-1 draw for City away from home in the Champions League seems a good shout.
- Goalscorer Prediction: Loïs Openda Openda has been in sterling form, scoring four goals in six appearances for Leipzig. He’s been a constant threat in front of goal, and with his recent form, including a goal and an assist against Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich, he seems primed to be on the scoresheet. With Manchester City’s defence not being as watertight as Pep would like, Openda might just be the man to breach it.
- Corner Prediction: Manchester City to have more corners Manchester City, with their possession-based style, often pins teams back and forces them into conceding corners. With an average of 6.7 corners per game as compared to Leipzig’s 4.7, City seems likely to win the corner count.
Top UK Bookies & Best Sign Up Offers
Open Account Offer – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets for new customers at bet365.
Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Registration required. Time limits and T&Cs apply. #Ad. 18+Only, begambleaware.org
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £10 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days, no cashout. Get 6x £5 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. 7 day bonus expiry. Debit Card / Apple Pay payments only. #AD T&C’s Apply. 18+ | BeGambleAware | #Ad | #Ad. 18+Only, begambleaware.org
#AD 18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first sports bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. Visit Unibet.co.uk for full T&C's.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter For Exclusive Tips
Want to have exclusive tips from experts tipsters delivered right into your inbox? Subscribe Now To Our Newsletter. We will never spam, we fully respect your privacy!