Luton vs Tottenham Hotspur Predictions, Betting Tips and Match Previews in the Premier League. After the controversial win against Liverpool in the last weekend, Tottenham head to Luton in the early kick off on Saturday. Read on for our free predictions and tips.
Match Live Saturday, 7th October at 12:30 pm In:
Luton vs Tottenham Hotspur Predictions
Spurs Are Living The Dream
– Tottenham have scored at least two goals in every Premier League game under Postecoglou.
– Carlton Morris and James Maddison emerge as the top performers for Luton and Tottenham, respectively.
Separated by a significant margin in the Premier League rankings, Luton Town welcome Tottenham Hotspur to Kenilworth Road this Saturday. With the potential for Spurs to claim the top spot, this promises to be a riveting clash. While Luton suffered a close 2-1 loss to Burnley recently, Tottenham emerged victorious over Liverpool with the same scoreline. A particular VAR incident during that match became the talk of the town, but that’s a story for another day.
Luton’s Journey So Far
Having recently celebrated a landmark Premier League win against Everton, Luton returned home only to be humbled by Burnley. This game showcased Luton’s vulnerabilities, evident when they became the first team in over a decade to fail to secure a win in their initial three home Premier League matches. Yet, Manager Rob Edwards remained optimistic, praising his team’s effort.
18+ New customers only. Opt in, and bet £10 on football markets (odds 2.00+). No cash out. Get 6x£5 football free bets at specified odds for set markets, which expire after 7 days. Offer valid from 12:00 UK Time on 25/08/2023. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply, see below. | begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly. #Ad. 18+Only, begambleaware.org
Despite their home struggles, Luton have managed to stay just above the relegation zone, largely due to their slightly better goal difference over Burnley. Yet, fans will be concerned about their defence, which has failed to record a clean sheet in nine consecutive matches across all competitions.
On the other side, Tottenham have been enjoying a rich vein of form. Even facing 10 men of Liverpool, Spurs struggled to find a way through until a late own goal turned the game on its head. However, Tottenham’s journey hasn’t been without controversy. Their recent win over Liverpool was marred by VAR discrepancies, especially an incorrectly disallowed goal.
Yet, amidst the chaos, Spurs have been diligently training and are currently positioned second, just a point shy of Manchester City. A victory over Luton could see them temporarily take the top spot. Their attacking prowess under Manager Ange Postecoglou has been commendable, with the team consistently netting at least two goals in every league game.
Luton’s team sheet might feature some notable absences due to injuries. Notably, Amari’i Bell’s hamstring issue in the recent Burnley game will be a cause for concern. However, Ross Barkley might return, which will boost the squad. Tottenham, too, have their fair share of injuries, with Manor Solomon’s knee injury being the latest addition to their medical room. Yet, their primary lineup remains mostly unaffected, with Richarlison and Son expected to lead the attack.
- Luton’s Premier League Performance: With an average BettingTips4You rating of 6.79, they currently rank 17th out of 20 in the league. Their recent form has seen more losses than wins. Notably, Carlton Morris has emerged as their top performer with an average rating of 7.23.
- Tottenham’s Premier League Performance: Their form has been impressive with a string of victories. James Maddison stands out with a sublime average rating of 8.03.
Separated by their places on the Premier League table, the looming match between Luton Town and Tottenham Hotspur is set to be a thrilling encounter. With Tottenham in striking distance of the top spot and Luton battling relegation fears, this encounter is bound to be more than just a game.
Offensive and Defensive Strategies
Luton’s recent match against Burnley highlighted certain vulnerabilities in their defence. Burnley, a team known for their direct play and long-ball tactics, exploited the Luton backline’s inability to deal with aerial duels. The likes of Elijah Adebayo showed some sparks up front, but Luton’s overall defensive strategy has failed them so far. Lyle Foster’s timely strike for Burnley serves as evidence.
Tottenham, on the other hand, came out victorious against Liverpool. Even though they had numerical superiority due to red cards handed to Liverpool players, Tottenham struggled to break down a resolute Liverpool defence. The likes of Son Heung-min proved crucial with their pace and directness, but it took an own goal from Joel Matip to secure the three points for them. Tottenham’s offensive strategy seems to revolve around quick transitions and making the best use of Son’s agility and finishing prowess.
For Luton, Carlton Morris stands out. His current form is commendable, with a BettingTips4You rating of 7.23. His three goals in the Premier League showcase his importance to the team. Ross Barkley and Alfie Doughty have also been instrumental in the midfield, pulling strings and trying to control the tempo of the game.
For Tottenham, James Maddison’s performance in the midfield with a rating of 8.03 has been stellar. Alongside him, Heung-min Son, with a rating of 7.76 and the driving force in Tottenham’s attack, has been pivotal. Another key player has been Yves Bissouma, ensuring stability in the midfield.
Rob Edwards’s positive outlook, despite Luton’s home form, shows a manager trying to keep morale high. However, their defensive record remains a concern. Edwards needs to rectify this quickly, possibly by strengthening their defence during set-pieces and ensuring that midfielders drop deep to help out.
Ange Postecoglou’s Tottenham, though, is a breath of fresh air. Despite controversies surrounding their matches, Tottenham have been consistent in their performances. The team’s approach and tactical adaptability, possibly stemming from Postecoglou’s management, is evident.
Expected Goals (xG)
Luton’s xG reflects their struggle. Players like Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu have an xA (Expected Assists) of 1.15, but with no actual assists, suggesting that the team’s finishing is letting them down.
Contrarily, Tottenham’s higher goal tally and their consistent performances by key players like Maddison and Son indicate they’re converting their chances efficiently.
Comparison and Suggestions
Tactically, Tottenham seems to have an edge. Their swift offensive transitions, coupled with a reliable midfield, give them control over games. Luton, meanwhile, need to solidify their defence and improve their conversion rate. It might help Edwards to introduce tactical drills focusing on defensive positioning, especially during set-pieces.
Player performances indicate that while Luton has sparks of brilliance, Tottenham boasts a more consistent set of performers. A suggestion for Luton would be to rotate their squad, giving players like Adebayo more game time, potentially improving their attacking threat.
Pros and Cons
For Luton, their pros lie in their attacking trio’s potential. Players like Morris and Adebayo can be game-changers. Their main con, however, is their porous defence, evident from their lack of clean sheets.
Tottenham’s pros are their formidable attacking prowess and a sturdy midfield. Their main con, though, might be over-reliance on key players like Son, which can be detrimental if he faces an injury.
- Match Outcome: Tottenham Hotspur to Win Tottenham Hotspur are currently enjoying a healthy run in the Premier League, sitting comfortably in second place. The Lilywhites have demonstrated impressive form, especially with their dramatic win over Liverpool, showcasing their ability to snatch victory from the jaws of a draw. On the contrary, Luton Town are yet to win any of their opening three Premier League home games. Given the contrasting forms of both teams, the prediction leans in favour of Tottenham clinching the victory.
- Correct Score Prediction: 1-3 in favour of Tottenham Hotspur Examining the recent form of both teams, Tottenham have been consistently hitting the back of the net, scoring at least twice in all their Premier League games under Postecoglou. Luton Town, on the other hand, have found it challenging to keep clean sheets. However, considering Luton’s occasional strike power, as shown in their recent matches, they might grab a goal. A 1-3 scoreline seems a probable outcome given the attacking prowess of Spurs and the vulnerabilities in Luton’s defence.
- Goalscorer Prediction: Heung-min Son Son Heung-min has been instrumental in Tottenham’s attack this season. His ability to find and exploit gaps in opposition defences, combined with his clinical finishing, makes him a standout candidate to find the back of the net. Given that he broke the deadlock in the recent clash against Liverpool, his confidence will be high, and he’ll be keen to continue his scoring streak.
- Corner Prediction: Tottenham to have more corners; Total Corners – 10 Luton’s gameplay suggests a more defensive approach, especially when up against top-tier teams. Given Tottenham’s attacking flair and penchant for putting pressure on their opposition, it’s anticipated they will force Luton into conceding multiple corners. Given both teams’ stats, a total of around 10 corners for the match seems probable, with Spurs edging Luton in the corner count.
- Shot on Target: James Maddison James Maddison, with an average BettingTips4You rating of 8.03, has been Tottenham’s standout performer in the midfield. He not only orchestrates the plays but is also known for his ability to take shots from distance. Given his form and his tendency to test keepers, Maddison is a strong contender to register at least one shot on target.
- Yellow Card Prediction: Marvelous Nakamba Marvelous Nakamba, with three yellow cards already this season, is known for his aggressive style of play in the midfield. His role often requires breaking up opposition plays, which can sometimes result in mistimed tackles. Considering the dynamic and fast-paced nature of Tottenham’s midfield and forwards, Nakamba may find himself in situations where he might commit a foul worthy of a booking.
- Assist Prediction: Pedro Porro Pedro Porro’s recent form and gameplay style have showcased his ability to deliver key passes and crosses into the box. Given that he was involved in the crucial play against Liverpool that led to the match-winning own goal, his confidence in creating opportunities will be high. He seems primed to provide an assist in the upcoming fixture against Luton.
Top UK Bookies & Best Sign Up Offers
Open Account Offer – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets for new customers at bet365.
Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Registration required. Time limits and T&Cs apply. #Ad. 18+Only, begambleaware.org
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £10 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days, no cashout. Get 6x £5 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. 7 day bonus expiry. Debit Card / Apple Pay payments only. #AD T&C’s Apply. 18+ | BeGambleAware | #Ad | #Ad. 18+Only, begambleaware.org
#AD 18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first sports bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. Visit Unibet.co.uk for full T&C's.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter For Exclusive Tips
Want to have exclusive tips from experts tipsters delivered right into your inbox? Subscribe Now To Our Newsletter. We will never spam, we fully respect your privacy!