Arsenal vs Wolverhampton predictions for Saturday’s Premier League tie at the Emirates. After securing a resounding victory against Lens, which secured their place in the Champions League last 16, Arsenal now shift their focus back to Premier League action. Read on for all our free predictions and betting tips.
Match Live Saturday, 2nd December at 3:00 pm In:
Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Predictions
Emirates Showdown: Arsenal’s Attack vs Wolves’ Resilience
– Wolves have scored in their last 12 Premier League matches.
– Gabriel Jesus has six goals and an assist in six Premier League starts against Wolves.
As Arsenal returns to Premier League action after a dominating display in the Champions League, they face a Wolverhampton Wanderers team showing signs of resilience despite recent setbacks. This encounter at the Emirates Stadium is more than just a battle of contrasting fortunes; it’s a tactical chess match between Mikel Arteta’s fluid attack and Gary O’Neil’s gritty resistance.
Our Suggested Best Value Bet For This Match
BEST VALUE BET
£20 Returns £52
Odds corrects at time of posting and subject to change
Best Value Bet Rationale
Cunha, with a consistent starting role for Wolves, playing in all 13 matches and averaging 82 minutes per game, is crucial in their attacking scheme. His average BettingTips4You rating of 7.09 reflects his impactful performances. Notably, his attacking statistics reveal a player adept at getting into goal-scoring positions. He has netted three goals this season, with an expected goals (xG) of 3.35, indicating that he’s not just attempting but also converting significant chances.
Additionally, his average of 2.1 shots per game, with a substantial 1.0 on target, underscores his ability to test goalkeepers. This tendency to shoot, combined with the quality of chances he takes, places him in a favourable position to register at least one shot on target against Arsenal.
Arsenal, despite their strong defensive record, will face a Wolves side that has scored in each of their last 12 Premier League games. This consistent scoring run from Wolves, coupled with Cunha’s role as a forward and his previous performance against top teams, suggests that he’s likely to be actively involved in Wolves’ offensive play.
In conclusion, considering Cunha’s consistent involvement in Wolves’ forward play, his propensity for goal-scoring chances, and the likelihood of Wolves creating opportunities against Arsenal, betting on Cunha to have over 0.5 shots on target provides a compelling wager for this match.
THE NEXT BEST BET
Sat 2nd Dec, 12:30 pm
Units: 4 out of 5
Welcome Offer ↓
Rationale:The ‘Both Teams to Score’ bet for West Brom vs Leicester is supported by West Brom's robust attack at home and Leicester's consistent scoring record. Both teams have demonstrated offensive capabilities, suggesting a likely scenario where each team finds the net...Read More
Odds corrects at time of posting and subject to change; Stake Limits Might Apply; T&C's Apply; #Ad
Arsenal’s Art of Attack Meets Wolves’ Defensive Dilemma
Arsenal’s recent 6-0 triumph over Lens was a testament to their attacking prowess, with the team showing a lethal edge in front of goal. Their superiority in Europe is evident, but maintaining their top spot in the Premier League will be a different challenge altogether. With the best defensive record in the division, conceding only 10 goals, Arsenal’s balance between attack and defence has been pivotal. However, their home form will be tested against a Wolves side that has found the net in their last 12 league games.
18+ New customers only. Opt in, and bet £10 on football markets (odds 2.00+). No cash out. Get 6x£5 football free bets at specified odds for set markets, which expire after 7 days. Offer valid from 12:00 UK Time on 25/08/2023. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply, see below. | begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly. #Ad. 18+Only, begambleaware.org
Wolves’ Grit Against the Gunners’ Guile
Despite a heart-wrenching 3-2 loss to Fulham, Wolves have shown a renewed fighting spirit under O’Neil. Occupying a safe mid-table spot, they’ve demonstrated an ability to score consistently, albeit conceding in most of these matches. The key for Wolves will be to exploit any lapses in Arsenal’s defence while maintaining their own defensive solidity against a rampant Arsenal front line.
Tactical Analysis and Key Battles
The match could be decided in the midfield, where control and quick transitions will be crucial. The duels between Arsenal’s creative midfielders and Wolves’ gritty center might tilt the game. Bukayo Saka’s pace against Wolves’ full-backs and the battle between Gabriel Jesus and Wolves’ central defenders are other potential game-changers.
Strategic Suggestions and Managerial Match-Up
Arteta might need to tweak his strategy to ensure defensive solidity without compromising their attacking intent. O’Neil, on the other hand, faces the task of orchestrating a disciplined defensive performance while seeking opportunities to counter-attack.
Our Take: The Controversial Corner
While Arsenal’s rise under Arteta is commendable, their tendency to wobble under pressure remains a concern. Wolves, under O’Neil’s pragmatic approach, have shown resilience but lack consistency. Critically, Wolves’ reliance on individual brilliance rather than cohesive team play might be their undoing against a well-drilled Arsenal side.
Predictions Based on Data and Analysis
- Match Outcome – Both Teams to Score: The prediction of both teams scoring is grounded in recent form and tactical setups. Arsenal, despite their defensive prowess, have shown vulnerabilities at the back, particularly at home. Their aggressive attacking style leaves spaces that can be exploited. On the other hand, Wolves have been consistently finding the net in the Premier League, marking a significant improvement in their attacking output under O’Neil. Given Arsenal’s attacking flair and Wolves’ newfound scoring habit, it’s reasonable to expect goals at both ends.
- Correct Score – Arsenal 3-1 Wolves: This scoreline prediction takes into account the offensive strengths and weaknesses of both teams. Arsenal, riding high on confidence, have been prolific in front of goal, especially at the Emirates. The Gunners’ attacking trio, spearheaded by Jesus, combined with the creative midfield, are likely to break down Wolves’ defence multiple times. Conversely, Wolves have shown enough attacking intent to suggest they can breach Arsenal’s defence at least once, but their defensive frailties, particularly in away games, might see them conceding a few.
- Goalscorer Prediction – Gabriel Jesus to Score Anytime: Jesus has a commendable track record against Wolves, making him a strong candidate to find the back of the net. His movement in the final third, ability to find space, and clinical finishing have been instrumental for Arsenal this season. Given Wolves’ tendency to concede and Jesus’ knack for capitalising on defensive lapses, betting on him to score anytime seems a calculated prediction.
- Corner Prediction – Arsenal to have more corners, Total Corners: Over 9.5: Arsenal’s attacking style often results in a high number of corners, courtesy of their persistent attacks down the wings and numerous shots on goal. Wolves, while defensively solid, tend to be pushed back in games against high-pressing teams like Arsenal, leading to corners conceded. The predicted total corners exceeding 9.5 stems from both teams’ styles of play, with Arsenal likely dominating possession and Wolves potentially relying on counter-attacks, both of which can result in corners.
Top UK Bookies & Best Sign Up Offers
Open Account Offer – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets for new customers at bet365.
Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Registration required. Time limits and T&Cs apply. #Ad. 18+Only, begambleaware.org
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £10 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days, no cashout. Get 6x £5 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. 7 day bonus expiry. Debit Card / Apple Pay payments only. #AD T&C’s Apply. 18+ | BeGambleAware | #Ad | #Ad. 18+Only, begambleaware.org
#AD 18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first sports bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. Visit Unibet.co.uk for full T&C's.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter For Exclusive Tips
Want to have exclusive tips from experts tipsters delivered right into your inbox? Subscribe Now To Our Newsletter. We will never spam, we fully respect your privacy!